Video now dominates every marketing channel. It’s a fact. The New York Times even claims we’re entering a “post-text world.” With an overwhelming amount of options where do and your brand begin? What video production types work best for you and your needs?
Here are a few videos production types you should consider when looking at your 2019 video strategy:
Educational Video Production Types
Educational videos are great ways to position your brand as the expert in your field. This video production type goes beyond informing the viewer. It is searchable, low risk and a great entry point into learning about the problem your brand solves.
Educational Video Production Types:
- How-To Training Videos
- Webinar Informational Videos
- Animated Explainer Videos
- Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
- How-to videos
- Talking-head /Interview Question & Answer Videos
- Testimonial Videos
- Unboxing Videos
- Comparison Videos
- Giveaway Videos
- Announcement Videos
Promotional Video Production Types
Promotional video production types differ from educational videos in that they’re targeted for sales and ask the viewer to take action. These types vary in style and purpose, but are created for, wait for it… promotional purposes.
Even though these video production types are for promotion, it doesn’t mean they have to be boring! Making your video entertaining and worth watching is a challenge. Make sure you have a great video team with the experience needed to create your next video.
Promotional Video Production Types:
- Corporate Videos
- Presentation Videos
- Product Demonstration Videos
- Real Estate Tour Videos
- Broadcast commercial
- Online commercial
- Product Review Videos
Social Video Production Types
Nothing has changed the marketing landscape quite like Social Media. Social video production types vary by platform. What is true on one social network, may be the opposite strategy for the next.
But worry not! This doesn’t mean you have to invest in original video for every platform. It simply means adjusting your video production types for success on each social network.
Social Video Production Types:
- Longer videos seem to work
- Capture attention in the first 10-15 seconds
- Square or vertical videos work best
- 140 seconds, but shorter videos perform best
- Horizontal and square videos work best
- 60 seconds
- Square videos work best
- Make sure to caption any audio as most viewers watch with sound off
- Instagram Stories
- Up to 15 seconds each
- You can get very creative here with video across numerous posts
- Videos range 15s to 10 minutes
- Vertical – but some simply ask to turn your phone to view horizontally
- Is just now starting to take off, but has a lot of potential
- Any length
- Horizontal video
- Great platform for searchability and discovery
- Harder to build an audience these days, but is a great long tail strategy
Need Help With Video?
Production M is here to help. Answer a few questions about the project, your business, and most importantly your goals. Our producers will quickly look at all the information, create a custom quote and set up a call to discuss timeline, pricing, and execution. Click the button below to get started.